Senior Cable Engineer Production and Design
Opportunity for a Senior Cable Engineer to work directly with a leading offshore wind developer. This role will be part of the electrical plant team, providing industry leading specialist knowledge for the fleet of renewable assets.
This is a full-time, permanent staff position than can be based in Hamburg or Swindon. However, other locations will be considered.
- Lead pre-qualifications and factory audits.
- Provide technical expertise in offshore projects with a focus on cable production and cable design.
- Be actively involved in the tender, contract, and procurement process for offshore projects.
- Conduct root cause analysis of cable failures.
- Technical management of electrical works on project construction sites.
- Lead Factory Acceptance Tests and Site Acceptance Tests.
- Implementation of internal and external research projects.
- Successfully completed university degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or another relevant engineering discipline.
- Relevant work experience and expertise in the design and manufacturing of Medium- and/or High-Voltage Offshore Cables.
- Work experience gained with a cable manufacturer would be advantageous.
- Experience with offshore projects, especially in the fields of technical specification drafting and their negotiations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the application and use of specialist software packages for cable design and cable rating.
- Fluent English language skills; German language skills would be advantageous.
- Very good analytical and conceptual skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel (domestically and internationally).