Senior Cable / Subsea Engineer
Senior Cable / Subsea Engineer required with knowledge and experience of marine transportation and offshore installation of subsea cables.
The role will consist of undertaking a varied range of consultancy tasks mainly as Owner Engineer (OE) or Marine Warranty Survey (MWS) in the Renewable sector covering load-out, transportation, installation and repair of cables.
This is a full-time staff role based in Hamburg.
- Lead a project team as a project and/or package manager acting as technical lead in areas of expertise.
- Review technical documents (procedure and analyses related to vessel survey, loadout, sea transportation, offshore installation) to ensure that projects are planned and executed in accordance with industry rules and standards.
- Attend technical meetings and site attendances with respect to Owners Engineering and/or Marine Warranty Survey Services requirements.
- Ensure that the project is delivered in accordance with the client contract requirements and timely invoicing.
- Provide consultancy advice and expert opinion in the resolution of claims arising during design, installation and repairs of cables.
- Collaborate with other disciplines and members of the organisation regarding operational and specialist matters.
- Be keen in developing new business initiatives as well as take part in preparation of technical and commercial proposals.
- Degree or relevant equivalent in Naval Architecture, Electrical, Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrable industry experience and relevant track record in engineering and site operations of subsea cable transportation and installation onboard of a CLV.
- Up to date knowledge of international codes of practice, rules and guidelines as well as software used for subsea cable installation.
- Experience of managing project budgets, resources, and schedule.
- Ability to produce quality technical reports and assist in preparation of proposals.
- Ability to effectively cope with the workload through planning, prioritising and efficient delegation of work.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to develop relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Technical and commercial understanding with ability to structure marine projects and satisfy different stakeholders.
- Flexibility, willingness to travel and readiness for onshore / offshore assignments at short notice locally and globally for periods of time.
- Fluent in English. German language skills would be an advantage.