Senior Contract Manager
Opportunity to join the Procurement team as Senior Contract Manager providing procurement support to a major offshore wind project. The role will be responsible for the tender strategy, tendering and contractual management for assigned Packages and contracts alongside collecting market intelligence and keep Costing Forms updated.
This is a permanent staff role based in Edinburgh offering hybrid working.
- Be responsible for the Package tendering strategy and secure it is aligned with the overall Procurement strategy.
- Support the Commercial Project Manager with inputs for own package.
Be responsible for the coordination of the different contracts in the package.
- Own and run the full tendering process in cooperation with Package Manager and Engineering for own contracts.
- Be responsible for the commercial part of tenders including conditions.
- Be responsible for the commercial aspects of the tendering process.
- Engage with Package Managers and Engineering team members to ensure that tender and contract terms match scope and deliverable requirements.
- Assessment and benchmarking of tender offers.
- Be the lead of the negation team at negotiation with bidders.
Detailed and robust negotiation of pricing and terms with bidders.
- Engage with Legal when needed on tendering and contract issues.
- Be responsible for the commercial evaluation of the bids in a tender and work with Package/Project Managers and Engineering to produce contract award recommendations and present to senior management for approval.
- Be responsible for the coordination of claims and variation orders within the package.
- Proactively manage contractor claims and variations.
- Proactively obtain cost savings from contracts by ensuring value engineering opportunities are fully investigated and developed.
- Create and maintain contractual obligation registers and monitor to ensure that contractual obligations are being met by both RRPL and the Contractors.
- Manage Contractor applications for payment, liaising with Package/Project Managers to ensure payment obligations are being met.
- Engage with document control to ensure correct processes are being adhered to by package management and Contractors.
- Engage with finance and legal stakeholders to ensure alignment with RRPL policies.
- Contribute in commercial risk assessment and actively contribute to risk mitigation;
- Manage contractor compliance with Tier 2 / 3 open book tendering processes to deliver best possible value to the project.
- Deliver against commercial objectives including cost savings for assigned contracts.
- Prepare and update CAPEX and OPEX Costing Forms for responsible contracts.
- Support Project Controls team with monitoring and reporting budgets and forecasting,
- Prepare commercial inputs to monthly progress reports.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Experience of commercial management of similar contracts for large scale energy projects (preferably offshore wind farms or onshore wind farms).
- Strong experience of commercial tender negotiation.
- Experience with negotiating and managing FIDIC forms of contract.
- Proven track record for delivering cost savings through contract negotiation and management.
- Experience of successfully dealing with contractor claims.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, well organised and self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- A strong work ethic, and the ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Strategic thinking.