Senior Contracts Engineer
Job ID 11854
Senior Contracts Engineer required for a leading Offshore Wind Farm developer, based in the Netherlands.
- The Senior Contract Engineer will be a key member of the small and dynamic project team, which is accountable to take the project through construction and operation phase.
- The primary focus of this role will be Contract management of the major construction contract. The incumbent will be responsible to lead the full spectrum of post-award Contracts and Procurement activities of this contract. It is a front-line CP Project role with a direct reporting into the CP Manager.
- The Senior Contract Engineer is to ensure that all contracting and procurement matters for this contract are in accordance with legislation, ethical practices, procurement policies.
- They will support Contract Holder in managing all contractual activities to maximize the value for the project in contract management phase.
- Develop and implement contract management plan.
- Challenge changes to determine where unnecessary costs can be eliminated, and more value can be achieved.
- Deal with claims mitigation and challenge cost disputes with suppliers.
- Lead contract negotiations.
- Drive interfaces with other contracts to maximize value to the project.
- Spend, claims and variations management.
- Supplier performance management.
- Lead e2e CP activities for some other JV contracts including preparation of RFP, tender evaluations, and contract negotiation.
- Based at the office located in the Netherlands.
- Preference for a strong project CP professional with high capacity and a strong performance history.
- A passion for New Energies is expected.
- Technical or Business University degree (MSc., MBA).
- Flexible, driven individual with "can-do" attitude.
- Effective communicator with proven ability to collaborate and integrate across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong commercial and analytical skills.
- 10+ years of Contracting and procurement experience (High CAPEX/ technical / constructions contracts).
- Offshore wind experience is preferred/ project experience is mandatory.
- 5+ years of hands-on post- award contract management of complex EPCM or similar contract is mandatory.
- Experience with FIDIC contracts.
- Experience with new ventures/ new project is preferred.
- Advanced negotiations skills.
- Suppliers' performance management.
- Commercial acumen.
- Fluency in English.