Senior Contracts Manager
Job ID 21929
Senior Contracts Manager required for a major Offshore Wind Farm developer based in Scotland
- Own and run the tendering process in cooperation with Package/Project Manager and Engineering for own areas.
- Be responsible for the tender strategy and ensure it is aligned with the overall Package/Project Procurement Strategy.
- Be responsible for the commercial part of tenders including conditions of contract.
- Detailed and robust negotiation of pricing with bidders.
- Engage with Legal when needed on tendering and contract issues.
- Proactively obtain cost savings from contracts by ensuring value engineering opportunities are fully investigated and developed.
- Create and maintain contractual obligation registers and monitor to ensure that contractual obligations are being met by both the Client and the Contractors.
- Manage Contractor applications for payment, liaising with Package/Project Managers to ensure payment obligations are being met.
- Engage with document control to ensure correct processes are being adhered to by package management and Contractors.
- Engage with finance and legal stakeholders to ensure alignment with RRPL policies.
- Contribute in commercial risk assessment and actively contribute to risk mitigation.
- Manage contractor compliance with Tier 2 / 3 open book tendering processes to deliver best possible value to the project.
- Deliver against commercial objectives including cost savings for assigned contracts.
- Prepare and update CAPEX and OPEX Costing Forms for responsible contracts.
- 10+ years' experience.
- Market knowledge & experience working with offshore foundations supply and transport & installation contractors.
- Experience of commercial management of similar contracts for large scale energy projects (preferably offshore wind farms or onshore wind farms).
- Strong experience of commercial tender negotiation.
- Experience with negotiating and managing FIDIC forms of contract.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification.
- M (Legum Magister); European Community Laws, International Commercial and Financial Laws, Contract Law - Desirable.
- Accreditation Member of the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management.
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Strategic thinking.
- A high level of commitment, commercial acumen, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly analytical and legal skills.