Senior Contracts Manager
Taylor Hopkinson has been exclusively retained to build out a project team who will develop and execute a Scotwind project for a new offshore wind consortium. The Senior Contracts Manager will be responsible for the commercial and contractual elements throughout the development lifecycle of the offshore wind projects.
* Together with the relevant work stream, negotiate, complete and manage contracts.
* Supporting tendering activity for the project to help identify the most commercially attractive options on the project.
* To develop generic contract templates, where not currently available, for certain types of contracts and scopes of work.
* To ensure company commercial and legal position across all contracts is consistent and meets company requirements.
* To ensure that contract terms are coordinated.
* Degree educated or above, or professional qualification, in a relevant discipline.
* Effective negotiation skills, with a track record of delivering success in a commercial or engineering environment.
* Good knowledge of UK contract law and commercial contracting.
* Detailed knowledge of the project life cycle.
* Detailed knowledge of supply chain management principles.
* Effective and confident communicator.
* Ability to interpret detailed commercial documentation and express results either verbally or in written form to the project team and senior management.
* Demonstrable experience defining and delivering a procurement strategy will be desirable.