Senior Data Engineer
Taylor Hopkinson has been engaged by a large offshore wind operations company to search and select a Senior Data Engineer. This role can be based at several European locations.
- Designing scalable data architecture and implementation.
- Define and establish required tools, interfaces and processes to implement the data architecture.
- Work together with stakeholders including Operation & Maintenance, Data Analytics, Engineering, Document Management and other functions to identify and manage data interfaces.
- Advocate change, digital data processing and digital ways of working before and during the O&M Phase.
- Support windfarm project teams in implementing the reference designation systems, digital process and tools from the early development phase to the O&M phase.
- Mentor colleagues to mature the team.
- Offer trainings and share knowledge with stakeholders.
- Work at the forefront of becoming a data driven company.
- Academic background in engineering and/or IT.
- Extensive experience with architecture and handling big data sets.
- Experience in document and/or information management, reference designation systems. (e.g. RDS-PP T32), libraries or related preferred.
- Experience with Kafka, Hive, Python, MS Azure, and ERP systems (SAP) is advantageous.
- Experience in SQL and no SQL data bases.
- Project management skills.
- Technical and/or operational background within offshore wind or related industry preferred.
- Flexible mindset to adapt to different system and process environments.
- Ability to develop detailed solutions, while always maintaining a higher-level perspective.
- Good stakeholder management and strong interpersonal skills, enjoying an environment. characterized by disciplinary and cultural diversity.
- Good communication, technical and commercial skills.
- Enthusiastic about the potential of digitalization and self-propelled to implement the opportunities in the wind industries.