Senior Development Manager
Opportunity for an experienced Development professional with a demonstrable record record of successfully managing a pipeline of projects from an early stage through to financial close, to take on the role of Senior Development Manager with one of Europe's leading IPPs.
The Sr. Development Manager will ensure a pipeline of projects are well managed, bankable, and ready for investment in line with company targets and ambition.
This position is split between home and office working, from company HQ in London.
- Manage relationships with all relevant project stakeholders, including DNOs, landowners, TA, EPC and ICP, as well as necessary internal resource
- Negotiate competently on land rights, permits, deeds, DNO offers, construction contracts, planning and, where required, PPA
- Drive development and close transactions in a well-forecasted, timely manner, exceeding margin requirements through the accurate coordination of various work-streams and departmental resource
- Run financial models and use price indicators to negotiate favourable commercial terms
- Effectively oversee projects throughout early-stage life cycle, including leading meetings and communications, directing stakeholders to ensure maximum project efficiency and return
- Provide and engage weekly and monthly reporting and meetings with peers, project team and Executive management
- Collaborate effectively with all relevant stakeholders to obtain the required information to independently write and present budget requests to EMC and Investment Committee
- Represent the company at community and company events, further developing the business and team's strong standing and reputation in the industry
- Support the development and progress of 1-2 more junior professionals in the team
- Prepare market intelligence reports to inform strategy and decision making
- 5+ years' experience in comparable role, ideally within the Renewable Energy (Solar, Storage, Onshore Wind) industry
- Demonstrable record of closing complex deals and negotiations
- Strong knowledge across the PV Solar development life cycle, including all key stages and stakeholders
- Knowledge of Option to Lease/land rights agreements
- Understanding of UK Renewable Energy industry, including grid; knowledge/relationship with UK DNOs essential
- Understanding of Private Wire and Corporate PPAs desirable
- M&A experience beneficial
- Can-do attitude and ability to accurately work in a fast-paced, innovative environment