Senior Development Manager
Offshore Wind,Transmission & Distribution
Taylor Hopkinson have been retained a highly regarded developer and asset owner to appoint a Senior Development Manager.
Our client manages one of the largest offshore electricity transmission portfolios in the world in terms of the capacity of offshore wind connected. The portfolio of assets includes the connections to many of the UK's largest offshore wind farms, as well as major HVDC electrical interconnectors across the UK and Europe. You will be leading on the delivery of all land acquisition, consents and stakeholder management activities for these development projects at various stages.
The role is based out of London (flexible/ home working offered) and will require occasional travel to UK or EU locations. This is an excellent opportunity to join a lean and highly experienced team at a very exciting time in the evolution of the offshore transmission sector.
- Deliver land acquisition, consenting and stakeholder management activities for a portfolio of large-scale interconnector, offshore wind and onshore transmission projects through the development phase and into construction.
- Apply for and obtain all necessary project consents.
- Coordinate onshore and offshore environmental impact assessments to support consents applications, with the support of external consultancies where required.
- Undertake site selection for converter stations, landfall sites and onshore / offshore cable routes.
- Obtain necessary land rights for the converter stations, landowner cable easements, Crown Estate Lease and crossing agreements with affected parties.
- Liaise with planning authorities, statutory bodies, landowners, and all other relevant stakeholders throughout the development process.
- Manage all stakeholder relations and public consultations.
- Manage all land & consents advisers and external agents/ consultants.
- Ensure adequate land and consents input into the engineering specification and procurement process.
- Manage the land and consents development spend within budget, recommend any changes needed and report on progress.
- Liaise with project partners and European and governmental organisations as required.
- Degree or Masters in relevant subject.
- Demonstrable experience delivering land, consents and stakeholder activities for large-scale infrastructure projects with a utility, developer of advisor/ consultancy firm.
- Knowledge of or experience in onshore/ offshore cables or offshore wind projects is desirable though not essential.
- Commercially astute with ability to deliver projects to agreed budget and timescales.
- Track record of undertaking effective negotiation to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to show initiative and find solutions to problems and liaise with the team in overcoming obstacles and achieving project milestones.
- Strong communication skills with track record of effective engagement with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.