Senior Development Manager – UK
Opportunity for a vastly experienced business and project development professional with a track record of originating and closing projects across the renewable energy and/or infrastructure industries.
The Senior Development Manager will autonomously take on a large pipeline of utility-scale projects from an early stage, ensuring they are bankable and ready for investment. Additionally, this individually will manage a team of development professionals with various experience levels, while developing and improving processes and practices.
The position is London based with equal time split between the remote and office working.
You will report to the Head of Development and hold responsibility for 1GW+ development targets.
- Drive new business and project opportunities through close working with the wider development team and strategic stakeholders
- Identify opportunities before presenting for investment decision and manage projects through the permitting process, coordinating different workstreams and internal departmental resource
- Maintain strong relationships with internal personnel and teams, particularly across PPA, technical, procurement, legal, grid, and delivery
- Develop strong relationships with all relevant stakeholders, including DNO, landowners, EPC and ICP, TAs etc. to ensure competent negotiation on land rights, permits, DNO offers, planning, construction contracts and PPAs
- Manage a team of development professionals, including supporting with development plans and their own projects
- Hire, train, and development new team members to support divisional growth
- Support the Head of Development to provide coaching and development to the wider team, as well as supporting with strategy and business planning
- Degree in a relevant discipline
- Solar/Storage experience strongly preferred, but min. 5+ years' experience developing wider renewables or infrastructure projects considered
- Excellent coordination and people management skills required
- Track record of managing development teams members is a must
- Strong breadth of development experience throughout the full project life cycle
- Understanding of grid and strong relationships with UK DNOs and National Grid essential
- Understanding of project finance and financial modelling terms
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ambitious professional with ability to work accurately at speed