Senior Development Manager
We are currently partnering with one of the world's leading PV solar developers in its search for a Senior Development Manager for Italy.
With an extensive pipeline of exclusive, utility-scale projects in place throughout Italy, this company are seeking a highly experienced Development professional to manage and supervise the development of such projects through to Financial Close.
The Senior Development Manager will lead the coordination of international departments and resources across planning, legal, grid, technical and delivery aspects, to ensure the projects are delivered in a timely manner. In addition, this individual will play a key role across all BD activities as required.
- Lead the progression of a utility-scale Solar pipeline from exclusivity through to Financial Close.
- Lead the coordination and managing of international resources and departments, including planning, technical, legal, delivery and grid.
- Communicate effectively with TSO/DNOs, as well as PPA clients and specialist internal teams to achieve project and departmental goals.
- Identify, pursue and develop new business opportunities with the support of third party developers.
- Consistently update and report on forecasting of project cashflows in line with budgetary forecasts.
- Prepare and deliver financial models for assessment of returns of project.
- Support all BD activities to support further negotiation.
- C. 9 years+ experience in a business development role, ideally within the PV industry and Italian market.
- Fluent English and Italian language skills; additional languages advantageous.
- Essential experience in Business/Project Development roles within the Italian PV/Wind industry, ideally from a project development/engineering firm.
- Exceptional knowledge and hands-on experience developing PV projects in Italy, including land identification and negotiation, environmental permitting and grid applications etc.
- Experience and familiarity with project financing process.