Senior HV Integrity Specialist (Cable Systems)
The Senior HV Integrity Specialist will be a key specialist for ensuring the technical integrity of the array and export cables across our client's entire portfolio of offshore wind.
This role offers the opportunity to take up the challenge of being the key specialist for ensuring the technical integrity of the wide range of HV/MV components in substations across our client's entire offshore wind portfolio.
As a Senior HV Integrity Specialist in the Electrical HV/LV department in Technical Integrity Management (part of Operations), you and your colleagues will be responsible for the overall handling of all electrical wind farm assets in operation. The HV/MV area includes various types of transformers, relays, reactors and switchgears in offshore and onshore substations. You’ll work with a multitude of other engineering disciplines such as SCADA, LV, protection, structural/civil engineering, HV cables, etc.
You’ll be part of a team of skilled electrical specialists in wind turbines, HV/MV components, HV cables and LV, primarily focusing on evaluating the technical risks and establishing the preventive and corrective maintenance to be performed on all our sites, including support to the front line in case of major failure events. You’ll drive the integrity cases affecting the assets and recommend the optimal solution to ensure that they can be operated safely and that they’ll meet the business case throughout their lifecycle.
In Electrical HV/LV, you'll be involved in the entire lifecycle of offshore wind projects, from the early stages of engineering and construction up to decommissioning. Along the way, you’ll work with a multitude of other stakeholders in engineering and commercial across from across the business.
Our client currently has support 23 sites, and they are expanding rapidly.
- Manage technical integrity issues and small projects within the transmission asset and HV/MV systems.
- Drive changes in maintenance to ensure optimal performance of the operational asset.
- Provide technical specialist knowledge to our operational sites in Europe, the US and Asia-Pacific.
- Participate in warranty cases as technical expert.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar, combined with considerable work experience within within array and export cables.
- Experience within cable supply, including accessories, cable installation, cable protection systems and offshore construction projects, preferably within offshore wind power.
- Have a proactive and systematic approach to your work
- Possess a high drive
- Speak and write English fluently.
Furthermore, you have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills and are good at handling interfaces and collaborating across cultures and functions. You thrive on solving complex and abstract problems.
You’re a team player who enjoys sharing your knowledge and achieving results together with your colleagues in the project group, the department and across the organisation.
Scrum and Six Sigma methodologies are fundamental to our client’s way of working, so experience with these methods is therefore an advantage. It’s also an advantage if your professional skills are based on relevant onsite work experience.