Senior Energy Analyst
Republic of Ireland
An opportunity for an experienced Energy Analyst to work directly with a leading Offshore wind developer and the opportunity to work in a technical role on projects in multiple regions and involved in defining global EAG standards.
The Senior Energy Analyst will understand wind analysis and development of procedures and tools for energy assessment. This role is based in Dublin with frequent international travel.
- Providing high quality energy analysis deliverables to multiple project teams.
- Design of optimal site-specific measurement campaigns for wind and solar project sites, including cost/benefit assessments of different technologies.
- Overseeing installation, maintenance, and decommissioning of temporary met masts, onshore and floating LiDAR units and solar stations, including H&S for these activities.
- Overseeing data collection and quality control to ensure maximum data coverage.
- Wind farm layout design, including LCoE layout optimisation. Preliminary solar farm design.
- Internal wind and solar Energy Production Estimates with the highest possible accuracy, lowest possible uncertainty. These are delivered in accordance with required project timelines.
- Procurement, management and review of third-party energy production and site conditions reports, ensuring optimal service from suppliers.
- Review of technical exhibits to Turbine Supply Agreements.
- Liaising with external parties regarding turbine suitability and solar technology options.
- Communication of site-specific energy production and site condition risks to project teams.
- Energy Analysis due diligence for potential acquisition sites.
- Supporting internal strategy for all aspects of energy analysis and elaboration of annual budgets.
- Ownership, development, and maintenance of proprietary tools and procedures operated by the EAG, ensuring continuous improvement in efficiency and quality of EAG deliverables.
- Review and testing of EAG's in-house data management and analysis system (using Python/Django)
- Overseeing technical internships.
- This role requires experience of pre-construction wind analysis experience across a range of markets; solar experience an advantage, however training can be provided.
- Graduate with an honours engineering or physical science degree as a minimum.
- Best-practise knowledge of wake modelling, floating LiDAR measurements, and layout design.
- Experience working for a lenders' advisor, OEM supplier, developer, or operator of wind and/or solar projects.
- Ability to define non-standard work requirements within joint ventures ad international project teams, and to anticipate and manage the workload accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills, a strong mathematical and analysis background, and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues are essential.
- Highly analytical with attention to detail and ability to exercise engineering judgement, self-starter with an inquisitive nature.
- Experience in the use of Openwind, WAsP, Windographer, mesoscale modelling, PVsyst with WindSim or other CFD wind flow models advantageous.
- Experience in the analysis of operational wind farms and/or IEC power curve testing is an advantage.
- Programming/software development experience is an advantage. Ideally experienced with SQL, Python, PANDAS.
- Knowledge of data science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, web servers and automation are an advantage; ideally able to put a web interface to internal tools.
- Fluency in English; other languages are an advantage.