Senior Engineering Consultant – Solar & Energy Storage
Opportunity for an experienced solar & energy storage consultant to join a global power and energy full-service consultancy firm.
The Senior Engineering Consultant will take on varied and holistic responsibility for a multi-GW portfolio of solar and energy storage projects, partnering with industry leading clients at all stages of the project life-cycle.
The position can be worked remotely from anywhere in the US and/or from one of the company's US offices.
- Lead owner's engineering services for IPPs and Electric Utilities to support new utility-scale solar and battery energy storage projects
- Manage technical DD services for project finance and/or asset acquisitions for new solar and/or energy storage projects
- Lead independent engineering services for utility-scale solar and energy storage project opportunities
- Prepare and review engineering deliverables such as reports, studies, and calculations
- Monitor project schedules and budgets
- Collaborate with colleagues to define plans for project execution
- Prepare proposals for new business development opportunities
- Travel as required to project sites, client locations, and HQ
- 5+ years' professional experience in the solar and/or energy storage industries
- Engineering degree-level education; master's preferred
- 3+ years of experience in design of utility-scale solar/energy storage projects
- Experience with owner's engineering and/or independent engineering activities
- Strong understanding of solar and/or energy storage equipment and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in writing technical reports and proposals
- Right to live and work in US without sponsorship is required