Senior Engineering Manager
Job Title: Senior Engineering Manger
Main Function & Scope
Responsible for leading the management of projects with our clients' customers, driving the engineering solutions and project delivery.
- Together with the Engineering Project Managers, lead the day-to-day interaction with customers, co-ordinating the engineering discussions around the Company's products.
- Be the focal point to help combine the Company's aerodynamic experience with in-depth knowledge of wind turbines, providing assurance to the customers and helping the Company overcome potential technical queries or challenges from customers' internal technical teams and/or OEMs.
- Manage internal and external due diligence of projects, ensuring that engineering requirements are clearly scoped, internal and external resources are clear on deliverables, and lead the communication of this work and the results to the customer.
- Develop The Company's internal, in-house, aero-elastic modelling capabilities (using industry standard BEM software such as Fast or Bladed).
- Manage engineers working on Loads impact appraisals for different client projects.
- Manage the interaction with the customers' O&M contractors who will be installing the Company's products. Ensure proper training of contractors, preparation of work instructions and QA review of installations to ensure the installation has been completed in accordance with the Company's specification.
- Liaison with internal commercial team to support drafting of project contracts to help deliver the Company's commercial strategy and protect downside risks.
- Co-ordination with the Company's Logistics Manager to ensure alignment between manufacturing of parts and customers delivery schedule.
- Support the CTO on product development including blade furniture, adhesives, product development to further enhance the installation process and new opportunities to deliver better products.
Competencies & Behaviours
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to think strategically and work cross functionally in a professional environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Skills & Knowledge
- Deep wind turbine experience and an ability to understand how the Company can help improve the aerodynamic performance of turbines.
- Understanding of how improvements in aerodynamic performance may impact other parts of the wind turbine, recognition of the key issues to consider and how to progress these with customers, third party due diligence providers, O&M contractors and OEMs.
- Strong knowledge of turbine certification processes, assurance provision and loads impact appraisal.
- Strong mechanical engineering experience and an ability to translate this into explaining the superiority of the Company's products, how we minimise the risks to our customers, and how we can deliver the best solutions possible in the industry.
- Experience of working with onshore wind turbine and blade equipment designers and manufacturers.
- Track record of working with large, international, multi-disciplinary wind farm owners, and an ability to understand different technical and engineering issues and overcome these to support the growth of the Company.
- Proven capability of translating new products and designs into an operational environment, overcoming challenges and delivering industry leading solutions.
- Proven capability of working with commercial and logistical colleagues and third parties to deliver solutions that meet the Company's and our customer's requirements.
Education & Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent