Senior Floating Wind Engineer
The Senior Floating Wind Engineer will be part of a new global offshore wind execution team with a major international energy developer.
Taylor Hopkinson is retained to build out a global offshore wind team for one of the world's leading energy businesses. This team will develop & execute projects in the UK & US as well forming a global centre of excellence for a rapidly growing offshore wind portfolio.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in the UK (location flexible).
As a Senior Floating Wind Engineer you will report to the Floating Systems Engineering Manager. The focus of the role is the design, construction and operation of floating wind turbine structures and mooring systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervising the design and analysis, fabrication, and installation of offshore floating wind turbine structures, piles, and mooring systems.
- Ensuring safe and cost-efficient design and operation throughout asset life.
- Ensuring the integrity management of producing assets.
- Ensuring design and operations are in accordance with industry and or technical practices and performance standards.
- Quantifying and communicating risk to relevant stakeholders.
- Oversight and relationship management of third-party suppliers and contractors.
- Communicate risks and opportunities for improved personal and asset performance.
- Understanding of the interfaces between engineering disciplines and associated equipment.
- Understanding and contribution of the policy to deliver lower carbon solutions to the World's energy needs.
- Representation in relevant industry bodies.
- Participate in mentoring and coaching by actively sharing your expertise and experience with team members.
- Degree in civil / structural engineering, naval architecture, ocean engineering, or a closely aligned discipline.
- Chartered engineer, professional engineer, or near chartered/professional status in closely aligned discipline.
- Strong technical skills and significant proven experience in the design, construction, installation, or integrity management of offshore floating wind energy structures.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and succinct manner.
Other desirable skills/experience:
- Master of science in engineering degree in civil / structural engineering, naval architecture, ocean engineering, or a closely aligned discipline.
- Experience with wind turbine simulation or hydrodynamic analysis related numerical tools such as Ocraflex, FAST, or equivalent.