Senior Geoscience Engineer
Job ID 13496
Senior Geoscience Engineer required for a leading Offshore Developer, based in the Netherlands.
- The Senior Geoscience Engineer will be part of the geoscience team, and more broadly the site conditions team currently comprising the following expertise's: Wind/Metocean/Geosciences.
- The team is involved in offshore floating wind projects from the early prospection phases, through FID to the installation/commissioning.
- The geoscience team regroups geophysical/geotechnical/geological expertise's.
- Stakes are mainly associated with design of equipment (foundations, mooring lines, cables, etc) but also UXO (Unexploded Ordnance) and underwater archaeology.
- This role is focused on offshore activities.
- Accountable for HSSE Risk Management and leading changes in Safety Culture.
- Actively drives Safety Leadership, Sub-surface Process Safety and operational/contractor HSSE, influencing decision makers to achieve improved safety outcomes.
- Coaches and inspires broad range of stakeholders.
- Lead the design, planning and management of Geoscience activities and integration with relevant stakeholders including contractors.
- May be accountable for a budget.
- May have direct reports, but proportion of role is individual contributor based.
- Manages the relation with a large variety of (groups of) internal and external stakeholders on strategic level.
- Scale and severity of consequences if things go wrong are moderate / high and involve complex stakeholder management.
- Typically, TA2 level and/ or SME / PTE.
- This role needs a person with senior geoscience expertise, and experience in offshore wind project development.
- Geoscience activities concentrate on highly unique topics (not guided by procedures or precedents).
- Integrates diverse Geoscience specialisms to achieve delivery and assures integrated pieces of work across Geosciences.
- Recognised technical expert in one (or more) areas.
- Diagnoses and solves significant, complex, and non-routine problems; translates practices from elsewhere (other markets, countries, and industry) and provides authoritative, technical recommendations which have a significant impact on business performance in short and medium term.
- Actively identifies new approaches that enhance efficiency and the business impact of the sub discipline.
- May represent the Company as the authority in the defined area and acts as a role model to develop experts within this area.