Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Leading international offshore wind developer looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer for the design of wind turbine foundations.
The role is based in London. Offshore wind experience is essential.
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer you will be responsible for a wide range of geotechnical activities related to the planning, development, design and construction of offshore wind farms.
You will be part of a large and diverse department.
You will be able to work independently but also closely together with your colleagues and business partners in a multicultural international environment.
- Perform detailed geotechnical design tasks with the aim of implementing novel foundation designs and mature new design strategies
- Develop in-house design tools capable of solving complex geotechnical problems related to detailed foundation design
- Use purpose-built or commercially available software for analysis of complex soil-structure interaction problems
- Prepare detailed geotechnical reports and memoranda with the aim of having geotechnical parameters and design methods approved by a certification body
- Closely collaborate with people from different engineering disciplines within the Foundations group, e.g. structural, loads and installation departments, with the goal of executing state-of-the-art foundation design and collaboratively developing new foundation solutions.
As part of the role, you will be the geotechnical expert on an array of projects related to offshore geotechnical engineering, including large offshore wind farm developments, R&D projects and in-house software development. You will take ownership of several complex tasks and will be expected to actively engage yourself in technical discussions.
- Have substantial experience within the field of offshore geotechnical engineering
- Hold an MSc or a PhD degree in civil/geotechnical engineering (or equivalent)
- Have a strong understanding of soil-structure interaction
- Possess excellent leadership and communication skills enabling you to communicate in a confident and clear way to both peers and superiors
- Have computer programming experience with various software packages, e.g. MATLAB
- Speak and write English fluently.