Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Taylor Hopkinson is supporting a leading international geoscience and geotechnical engineering consultancy recruit Geotechnical Engineers for their US offices in New England and Texas.
Our client provides bespoke and objective solutions to the offshore renewables industry. This an exciting time to get involved with their business as they embark on further international growth and expansion into new markets.
Our client is looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join their US based team.
- Geotechnical assessment and design of offshore and onshore structures from FEED to detailed stages (piles, mudmats, gravity foundations, jackup assessments, caissons, anchors, onshore foundations, earthworks , ground improvement, reinforcement, cabling, etc.).
- Geoscience consultancy and reporting for windfarms and oil and gas developments, survey design and management of geotechnical investigations, including advanced in situ and laboratory testing, large offshore campaigns, cable routes, onshore and nearshore developments.
- Offshore and onshore cable and pipeline engineering, including burial risk assessments, burial assessments, performance analysis, forensic studies and tool modelling.
- Ground modelling and geohazard assessments.
- Pile driving instrumentation and monitoring services for the offshore and onshore industry, including back analysis of pile capacities, fatigue, capacity assessments and support to certification process.
- Strong academic background with relevant degrees in Geoscience or Civil / Geological Engineering (preferably MSc / PhD).
- Professional Registration.
- 7 to 10+ years of US-based experience preferred...international experience a plus.
- Strong willingness to learn new skills, challenge yourself and push the boundaries of your knowledge.
- Willingness to work offshore and in different environments outside of the office, both locally and worldwide.
- Independent technical capabilities.
- Key qualities that define your work should include: initiative, drive, delivery, teamwork, ethics, value and profit.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.