Senior GIS Manager
An opportunity for a senior GIS manager to join a leading offshore wind consultancy who are continually developing their Geographical Information Systems capability.
This is a permanent role based in Newcastle.
As a senior GIS Manager you will be required to:
- Manage projects and the GIS teams, acting as the main point of contact with the client for bids, proposal submission, delivery of services and acceptance following completion.
- Draft internal and external proposals covering scope of work, planning, resources, finance, Terms & Conditions.
- Organise kick-off meetings and allocate clear work instructions to the project team.
- Organise, co-ordinate and supervise project GIS teamwork by planning appropriate resources, managing deliverables, closing out meetings and obtaining client feedback.
- Ensure technical scopes are clearly understood by the team, implement regular follow up meetings and assess output.
- Review the deliverables against the client requirements and internal quality assurance procedures.
- Negotiate variation orders and anticipate changes in program and resources.
- Monitor costs and the performance of projects on a regular basis.
- Propose appropriate action in relation to any negative variances against projected cost or performance.
- Invoicing in accordance with the contract and closing out the project financial administration.
- Identify, agree and implement technical development initiatives with the support of the Engineering Manager.
- Contribute to improvements in collective technical competence by sharing knowledge.
- Manage a portfolio of allocated clients and identify development opportunities.
- Implement your own Business Development initiatives in coordination with the Senior Management Team.
- Provide regular briefs on development activities, client contacts and provide feedback to the Engineering Manager and Business Development Manager.
- Relevant Qualification in or related to GIS or geography.
- At least three years industry experience.
- Previous experience working in an offshore contracting or consultancy environment.
- High level of technical competency.
- Desire to develop professionally in a challenging but informal environment.