Senior Grid/Interconnection Manager – Onshore Renewables
Opportunity for an experienced power systems/electrical engineering professional to take on the role of Senior Grid/Interconnection Manager, focusing on utility-scale client portfolios.
The Senior Grid/Interconnection Manager will join a leading US consultancy firm, with the successful candidate bringing extensive experience in power systems engineering and broad knowledge within the sector.
This a remote position that can be worked from anywhere in the United States. Our client cannot offer sponsorship/work authorisation to candidates.
- Prepare new generator interconnection applications, including the development of, for example, single line diagram and verification of compliance with reactive power requirements
- Perform independent power system studies to support client's generator interconnection planning strategies
- Review ISO feasibility and system impact studies to provide client guidance
- Perform advanced grid system studies to evaluation scenarios which can impact client projects, evaluating transmission and non-transmission alternatives
- 7+ years' power systems engineering experience
- Knowledge of US power regions and ISOs/RTOs
- Experience utilising transmission planning software for load flow modeling and contingency studies
- Experience in renewable energy generation, including WTG, PV, BESS, and/or hybrid generation
- Experience in writing technical reports and proposals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Project leadership skills
- Program management skills