Senior HV Engineer – Solar
An opportunity join a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects as a Senior HV Engineer.
The Senior HV Engineer will be responsible for most technical aspects related to the MV/HV electrical engineering side of the PV power plants, from project development to design, construction and operation, in compliance with the various responsibilities listed below.
This position will be based in London with a range of flexible working options available.
- Support technically the Project Development and Project Acquisition processes
- Participate in regular out of office PV and Energy storage site visits
- Conduct PV plant electrical equipment technical review and specification
- Conduct calculations and design review related with the HV electrical design of the PV plant
- Coordinate with Commercial, Project Development and Grid managers for developing new capacities
- Ensure Grid Code compliance of inverters, power transformers, generation substation and producer substation (MV) meet DNO/TSO and Employers requirements.
- Interact with AM and O&M teams to solve/attend/support with HV incidents, trouble shooting.
- Working knowledge of MV/HV equipment
- Extensive in field experience of MV/HV deployment and associated good practice installation of such equipment.
- Experience in power systems for renewable installations, including HV substations and control.
- Experience of electrical power systems modelling
- Familiarity with PV industry and PV systems including inverters, transformers, cabling.
- Familiarity with electrical protections calculations and earthing design for MV and HV systems
- Familiarity with international grid codes
- Degree or master's degree in electrical / power engineering
- 5+ years of experience in the electrical power systems industry.