Senior HV Specialist
Opportunity for a Senior HV Specialist working directly for a leading global offshore wind developer. The role will support across a portfolio of projects including OFTO assets up to 400kV.
Position is based in East of England with regular travel to sites required.
You will be responsible for undertaking all manners of maintenance activities on HV assets. The role will be based both onshore and offshore.
- Ensure the safety of both planned and unplanned works on the high-voltage network
- Train Wind Turbine Generator (WTG)-authorised persons to prepare them for authorisation in single-end feed high-voltage switching for planned works
- Handle technical reporting and analyses
- Create and follow high-voltage switching schedules and prepare, issue and cancel safety documents
- Handle the communication and technical support for the wider organisation's management
- Work on OFTO assets up to and including 400kV.
- Manage high-voltage assets, carrying out planned and reactive maintenance, and act as a site supervisor for contractors and working parties. In addition, you will work as part of the team to increase yield and reduce costs.
- Previous authorisation as a senior authorised person (SAP) at 400kV and are a safety-focused individual with faultless safety behaviour
- Demonstrable electro-mechanical competences that can be evidenced through a portfolio of achievements
- Completed a recognised apprenticeship and HNC/HND in an engineering discipline
- Preferably have a NEBOSH General Certificate
- Growth mindset and have sufficient experience in performing testing and detailed analyses on WTG and substation equipment to diagnose faults
- Knowledge of HV protection systems and demonstrable knowledge of maintenance management and process control systems.