Senior Land Acquisition Manager
Opportunity for an experienced early-stage Land/Development Manager to take on the role of Sr. Land Acquisition Manager with a leading European IPP, specialising across utility-scale solar and storage.
Utilising strong industry experience and a subsequent network of key industry contacts, the Sr. Land Acquisition Manager will support the company's rapid growth in the UK, managing a pipeline of projects from inception through to permitting.
This can be a remote role from anywhere in the UK, with c. 50% of time spent travelling to site(s).
- Generate relationships with agents, landlords and introducers to manage an active pipeline of projects from inception through to reaching fully permitted status
- Ensure projects are bankable and ready for investment once progressed through early stage development
- Support the wider team and business, managing, creating and updating processes for the wider benefit
- Drive business opportunities by establishing excellent relationships with a range of development and strategic stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Coordinate different work-streams and internal departmental resource, from planning, technical and commercial engineering, through procurement, legal and PPA etc.
- Lead project meetings and communications effectively, directing stakeholders to ensure maximum efficiency of developments
- Run financial models and use price indicators to negotiate comnmercial terms exceeding expectations and margin requirements
- Provide market intelligence for individual and team benefits
- Represent the company at key events, ensuring the continued development of reputation in the market, and among key stakeholders
- 5+ years' experience in comparable role, ideally within the Renewable Energy (Solar, Storage, Onshore Wind) industry
- Demonstrable record of closing complex deals and negotiations
- Strong knowledge across the PV Solar development life cycle, including all key stages and stakeholders
- Knowledge of Option to Lease/land rights agreements
- Understanding of UK Renewable Energy industry, including grid; knowledge/relationship with UK DNOs essential
- Understanding of Private Wire and Corporate PPAs desirable
- M&A experience beneficial
- Can-do attitude and ability to accurately work in a fast-paced, innovative environment