Senior Manager M&A – Solar & Energy Storage
Opportunity for an experienced renewable energy M&A and business development professional to join a global, utility-scale solar and energy storage IPP as its Senior Manager for the Americas.
The Senior M&A and BD Manager will perform as the deal and commercial transaction lead, with responsibility for managing and closing utility-scale solar and storage M&A transactions across a project, portfolio, and platform scope.
The position can be worked remotely or on a hybrid basis from one of the company's four US offices.
- Collaborate with the M&A leadership to establish and execute group strategy including quarterly and annual growth trajectories
- Lead M&A activities including sourcing, initial screening, project and platform diligence, off-take support, and transaction negotiation and execution of portfolios totally multiple GWs
- Manage, structure, negotiate, and close utility-scale solar and storage asset purchase agreements
- Manage cross-functional collaboration with various international stakeholders and teams, from legal, through finance, business development and senior management
- Develop and manage relationships with external consultants
- Support the continued refinement of M&A processes across the team and group
- Coach Analysts and Senior Analysts to perform effectively in their roles
- Collaborate with Sr. Director to facilitate the origination of late-stage acquisition opportunities
- Min. degree-level education in a related discipline; Master's/MBA preferred
- 5+ years' professional experience working in US power markets, with a focus on executing commercial transactions and developing and managing growth strategies
- Experience originating business development opportunities with partners and customers
- Strong network within the industry a plus
- Prior 'closing' history and relationships across the utility-scale PV and energy storage sector in the US
- Demonstrable track record of structuring and negotiating commercial transactions including MIPA, APA, PSA etc.
- Strong analytical skills and financial modelling skills and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Positive, 'can-do' attitude and mindset
- Ambitious professional that enjoy working at pace
- Ability to keep a clear head under pressure and tight deadlines
- Right to live and work in the US required