Senior Manager, Market Strategy – Solar PV – Utility
Opportunity for a senior level strategic professional to join a global TOP 5 Solar PV company as Senior Manager, Market Strategy ( Solar PV - Utility).
Location : remote , open for business trips
Job Description: Senior Manager, Market Strategy
· Analyze market opportunities and threats in solar and adjacent industries. Periodically brief management team on relevant global trends, technology shift, trade policies, growth areas, pricing and demand profiles. Develop presentations on market-related developments.
· Attend, report and potentially speak at global conferences on markets and applications related to the company's diverse business interests. Track press releases, trade publications and journals. Gather competitive information through public information and networking with other industry participants.
· Develop solar value chain benchmark studies. Synthesize market numbers and provide strategic recommendations to management. Develop and maintain market models like supply and demand, technology and cost roadmaps and pricing analysis and forecasts.
· Work closely with sales and marketing personnel, product management teams, consultants and fellow internal and external analysts. Support regional management on periodic business review activities with customers and executive management.
· Will occasionally be involved in strategic growth opportunities that the company is pursuing.
· Work closely with Head of Customer Group/Sales Management team to build a pipeline tracking and vetting process.
· Coverage: North America
· Solid understanding of the silicon, solar, storage and energy industries.
· Strong in quantitative, qualitative and financial analysis and modeling.
· Able to travel and represent the company at industry events around the world.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external partners.
· Organized and able to prioritize and manage competing project priorities and deadlines.
Related Experience & Educational Requirements
· Bachelor's Degree required (post-graduate a plus).
· 5+ years of relevant experience preferably in the solar PV industry
· Competencies: Competitor Analysis, Market Research, General Data Analysis Software and office software tools.
· up to 25-30 % in business trips in trade shows in USA and Canada