Senior Manager, Procurement for Offshore Substation
Taylor Hopkinson is the global leading recruitment partner, industry expert, and human resource solutions provider for the Renewable Energy Industry. We help connect renewables specialists to pioneering projects.
We're currently recruiting for our client, the major renewable energy developer for the offshore wind energy industry in APAC. With extensive project development experience in the development, construction, operation, and maintenance, they have established themselves as one of the few offshore wind companies in Asia that have a proven track record across the life cycle of offshore wind farms.
We are seeking a highly experienced and knowledgeable Senior Manager, Procurement for Offshore Substation (APAC), the Owner of the OSS category procurement management system, hereunder document management system administration. This role will be responsible for identifying and maintaining sound relationships with existing or potential OSS OEMs in sync with company directions and project-level requirements.
*This is the regional senior management role that requires 10 -15 years of Offshore Wind Procurement experience, with a procurement experience on Offshore Substation package and prior experience in industrial contract, supply chain, business development, and/or procurement experience is much preferred.*
- Owner of the OSS category procurement management system, hereunder document management system administration.
- Ensure legal, technical, commercial, and financial compliance against both internal and external requirements.
- Identify and maintain sound relationships with existing or potential OSS OEMs in sync with company directions and project-level requirements.
- Support negotiating turbine supply agreements with relevant OSS suppliers.
- Monitor, update, and report to line management regarding market dynamics, hereunder pricing structures.
- Identify and seek to implement opportunities in contracting complex OSS agreements to efficiently serve regional and project-level objectives.
- OSS category: Coordinate and manage all aspects in conducting pre-qualifications, invitations to tenders framework agreements or requests for information, proposals, and quotation, and coordinate and manage the selection process with input from all relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support or interface with contractual processes in other areas as required from time to time
- Draft, implement, audit, and implement key procurement management system documents e.g., processes, procedures, instructions, forms, templates, and supply chain records - as solely accountable for the OSS category in line with the Procurement PG directions.
- Integrate inputs from the engineering department and/or subject matter experts to ensure the correct technical scope is captured in procurement and contracts.
- Integrate legal counsel, commercial and financial inputs to ensure contract terms and conditions are compliant with company objectives and statutory requirements.
- Take into consideration all project-level requirements and seek to integrate and optimize output in agreement with relevant corporate functions.
- Represent the company in the relationship with OSS OEMs. Integrate tactical directions from Procurement GM in all external engagements.
- Lead and coordinate the negotiation of project-level contracts to ensure compliance with company objectives and statutory requirements.
- Ensure up-to-date full overview and easy access to supplier register.
- Engage with relevant functions and seek formal or informal approval for best practices in managing contracts. Interface with and seek approval from all relevant corporate functional units.
- Ensure compliance between regional strategy and project level execution, compliance with department or company objectives and targets. Ensure up-to-date full overview and easy access to all relevant information to improve line-of-sight and learning processes.
- Ensure OSS procurement and contracting are integrated efficiently with any other relevant areas and categories.
- Taiwan or South Korea
- A university degree from major studies with commercial, financial, technical, or legal background.
- 10-15 years of offshore wind procurement experience with prior experience in offshore industrial contracts e.g., TSA, EPCI, service and availability agreements, framework agreements, FIDIC, Bare Boat, or BIMCO-based forms, etc.
- Working knowledge of the offshore wind industry and supply chain environment.
- Strong understanding of procurement and negotiation techniques.
- Strong negotiation and dispute resolution skills.
- Local professionals are preferred, foreigners are also acceptable.
- Regional management experience in the procurement function or procurement experience in multiple different geographic locations is a must.
Technical / Professional Skills
At least 3 out of the following
- Commercial training, e.g., contract forms, negotiations skills
- Technical knowledge.
- Legal overview.
- Experience with high-value industrial contracts.
- Master's degree in purchasing management - preferred.
- Certification from relevant associations or public procurement - preferred.
Non-Technical / Soft Skills / Personal Traits
- Background knowledge of industry good practices and trends.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Business-level English, and preferable knowledge of Japanese, Mandarin, or Korean.
- Build and maintain sound relationships with industry partners.
- Actively seeking to know more, to understand more, and do better by way of expressing curiosity.
- Genuine interest in the offshore wind industry and renewable energies.
- Support and consult our internal project development and EPCI organizations with commercial and contractual topics.
- See a huge benefit of acting in a diverse environment with colleagues and stakeholders of different nationalities and backgrounds to facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Exhibit equal amounts of leadership, coaching, team spirit, and cooperation skills.
- Possess a rational and collaborative mindset in problem-solving.
- Superior time management and coordination abilities and capable of meeting deadlines.
This job description serves as a general outline of responsibilities and qualifications and may be subject to modifications or additional requirements based on specific project needs and organizational goals.