Senior Metocean Engineer
The Senior Metocean Engineer / Scientist will be part of a new global offshore wind execution team with a major international energy developer.
Taylor Hopkinson is retained to build out a global offshore wind team for one of the world's leading energy businesses. This team will develop & execute projects in the UK & US as well forming a global centre of excellence for a rapidly growing offshore wind portfolio.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in the UK (location flexible).
- Provide expert advice to environmental, engineering and resource assessment teams working on aspects of:
- Instrument deployment/data collection in support of marine EIAs and metocean design criteria;
- EIA strategy and studies required in support of consent;
- Metocean design criteria;
- Wind yield and array optimisation;
- Weather windows and operational criteria in support of marine operations and planning.
- Development and provide review of work scopes in support of environmental and engineering needs, including:
- Offshore instrument deployments;
- Numerical modelling studies, including wave, wind and current as well as sediment transport and advection-dispersion modelling.
- Management of all aspects related to the delivery of successful offshore measurement campaigns, including:
- Vessel audits and permits;
- Adherence to local regulatory requirements;
- Mob/de-mob activities, including verifying instrument calibration, import/export permits of instrumentation and HSE compliance;
- Overseeing/reviewing data QA and reporting.
- Degree in relevant subject (e.g. meteorology, mathematics, engineering).
- Demonstrable experience in oceanography and meteorology.
- Significant offshore experience in deploying Metocean instrumentation, including demonstrable adherence to strict safety protocols and regulatory requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of instrument limitations and configurations for measuring wind, wave and current - as well as additional parameters needed for environmental assessments, including sediment transport.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards focusing on resource assessment, engineering design and instrumentation.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and succinct manner.