Senior Naval Architect / Structural Engineer
Senior Naval Architect / Structural Engineer required with knowledge and experience of marine transportation & installation operations.
This role will mainly undertake a varied range of tasks for Marine Warranty Survey (MWS) and Engineering Consultancy (EC) projects covering vessel surveys, load-out, transportation and installation of project components.
This is a full-time, staff role based in Hamburg.
- Review technical documents (lifting, seafastening etc.) to ensure that T&I projects are planned and executed in accordance with industry rules and standards.
- Carry out independent engineering calculations when necessary.
- Ensure that the project is delivered in accordance with the client contract requirements and timely invoicing.
- Conduct attendances worldwide for project meetings and marine operations (onshore / offshore).
- Collaborate with other disciplines and members of the organisation regarding operational and specialist matters.
- Be keen in developing new business initiatives as well as take part in preparation of technical and commercial proposals.
- Degree or relevant equivalent in Naval Architecture, Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrable experience and relevant track record for marine transportation and offshore installation projects.
- Up to date knowledge of Loadout, Installation and Transportation methods, Codes of Practice, Rules and Guidelines.
- Experience managing project budgets and schedules.
- Ability to produce quality technical reports.
- Technical and commercial understanding with ability to structure marine projects and satisfy different stakeholders.
- Flexibility, willingness to travel and readiness for onshore / offshore assignments at short notice locally and globally for periods of time.
- Fluent in English. German language skills would be advantage.