Senior Naval Architect
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Naval Architect with marine transportation and installation experience to become part of a growing offshore wind team operating on a global basis.
The role will consist of undertaking a varied range of Consultancy Projects mainly as Owner's Engineer (OE) or Marine Warranty Survey (MWS) covering load-out, transportation and installation of fixed platforms, floating units, wind turbines, subsea structures, foundations, other project cargoes as well as general marine and offshore operations.
This is a full-time, staff role based in Hamburg.
- Leading a project team as a project or package manager and acting as a technical lead in areas of expertise.
- Project management: communication with client and reporting, management of resources and deliverables.
- Technical document reviews (reports, procedure and analysis related to vessel survey, load-out, sea transportation, offshore installation) including independent spreadsheets and hand calculations.
- Providing consultancy services which may consist in participating to risk analyses, feasibility studies, concept developments, roadmap assessments using internal guidelines, databases and engineering knowledge.
- Ensuring that the projects are delivered in accordance with the client contract requirements and timely invoicing.
- Conducting attendances worldwide for project meetings and marine operations (onshore and offshore).
- Collaborating with other disciplines and members of the company regarding operational and specialist matters.
- Developing new business initiatives as well as taking part in preparation of technical and commercial proposals in conjunction with the project team.
- Degree or relevant qualification in Naval Architecture, Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Relevant engineering track record for marine transportation and installation with experience offshore during marine operations.
- Up to date knowledge of Loadout, Installation and Transportation methods, Codes of Practice, Rules and Guidelines.
- Enthusiastic and interested team player with a "can do" approach willing to take part in the growth of the company.
- Capable of working independently.
- Experience of managing project budgets and schedules.
- Ability to effectively cope with the workload through planning, prioritising and efficient delegation of work.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to develop relationships with project teams, existing and potential clients.
- Technical and commercial understanding with ability to structure marine projects and satisfy different stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel as well as readiness for onshore or offshore assignments at short notice locally and globally for periods of time.