Senior Offshore Planner
Established offshore wind developer seeking Senior Offshore Planner to join their team as they develop offshore wind projects in the US. The Lead Planner will play a central role in supporting project management and value-decision making as well as reporting activities. Within the Project Services Team, the Planner will develop and build the Integrated Master Schedule, including supplier input, manage schedule analyses as required by management and lead peer-reviews (including supporting Cost and Schedule Risk Analyses), prepare and issue progress reports and propose corrective actions as needed, and generally support portfolio delivery within schedule.
- Develop and maintain the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) as well as Management Level (L1 and 2) and Performance Level (L3 and 4) project schedules in Primavera, and the related assumptions book. Control quality and challenge assumptions, logic and durations.
- Organize and lead planning workshops, facilitating discussion between the team Leads and challenging assumptions to build and maintain a pertinent schedule baseline and additional scenarios where applicable.
- Analyze different time schedule hypotheses / scenarios related to the project, including identification and incorporation of schedule contingencies
- Review, challenge and aggregate time schedule inputs provided by team Leads and other stakeholders, regarding actual and forecasted activities
- Review and challenge the main contractors time schedules, and incorporate in the IMS to appropriately track progress and risks on project delivery
- Participate to claim negotiations impacting the time schedule
- Propose and implement planning, scheduling and progress measurement processes within the Project, performing logic network planning
- Prepare and issue progress reports as required and identify hotspots, impacts of delays on the critical path, and potential avenues for optimization or course-correct
- Identify and address schedule risks, including Monte Carlo simulation and identification and assessment of potential alternative critical paths
- Lead schedule-centric peer reviews as applicable
- Generally, act as subject matter expert for the JV with regards to schedule development and progress tracking
- Implement solutions that educate and train internal and external stakeholders on schedule management best practices
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical and/or Engineering discipline
- PMP Certification a plus
- 10+ years' experience in a large infrastructure project planning role, focused on scheduling experience for early-phase large infrastructure projects ($250+ million value)
- Experience in schedule risk assessment a competitive advantage
- Proficient in Primavera, additional experience in managing MS Project and PowerPoint Think-cell a plus
- Working proficiency in MS Office tools (PowerPoint / Word / Excel)
- Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communication, presentation skills required
- Highly motivated, self-starter, ability to work well with others and be a good team player
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural context and a fast-paced JV environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of organizational skills
- Ability to travel every month to a company office for 3-5 days at a time.
- Additional travels to coordinate with technical teams or meet with suppliers as needed.
- Approximately 85% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. Approximately 15% of the time is spent in offsite workshops or visiting other company offices, or training.