Senior Offshore Wind Consultant
Leading international offshore wind consultancy recruiting for a Senior Consultant in Offshore Wind. This role will be part of a high-performing team working on a growing international pipeline of projects.
The position is ideally based in London, however other locations can be considered.
The person will lever their existing network to prospect and develop leads and convert consultancy assignment opportunities and work on and project manage consultancy assignments for a range of offshore renewables topics or problems. Manage the teams of multi-disciplined engineers needed to deliver our scopes of work.
- Work as technical lead on projects to accomplish the overall delivery of optimum solutions to clients with the timeframe, costs and quality standards established.
- Represent as a key domain expert, sharing knowledge and experience to support the wider development of competencies within to enhance overall assignment execution to clients.
- Generate and prospect leads - Including representing at conferences, seminars, and meetings to establish business development leads and to market to prospective clients.
- Follow up on leads to generate new work.
- Independently prepare tenders and proposals.
- Consult on all matters of offshore wind topics, such as project development, feasibility, procurement, construction, pre-FEED, O&M, Grid, etc. For instance, being able to review employers' requirements, review as part of a due diligence assignment, lead work packages, advising on early development topics, development, and realization phase projects.
- Responsible for keeping projects on budget and on schedule.
- Attend regular internal meetings and external / third party meetings as required.
- Ensure all deliverables are conducted in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures, and policies.
- Manage multi-discipline teams of engineers (and other technical staff) in the completion of due diligence assignments for exacting clients.
- Maintain a consistently high degree of quality and technical excellence in all work product.
- Mentor and support less experienced team members.
- Identify and communicate relevant technological developments or regulatory changes which may impact the business or provide new opportunities.
- Qualified to degree standard in Engineering (or a relevant subject).
- Extensive experience of working in an engineering / renewables consultancy with large projects, working on offshore wind or renewable related project work.
- Ability to co-ordinate, direct and lead projects, and work under own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience of offshore wind farms with specialist knowledge of a relevant area of offshore wind development and construction.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Familiar with commercial and contractual issues and able to provide guidance to clients.
- Project orientated with a keen interest and knowledge of offshore wind farm industry and project managements.