Senior O&M Contracts Manager
An opportunity for an experienced O&M Contract Manager to join a global energy leader in wind energy.
The Senior O&M Contract Manager will provide expertise principally to the Lead Project Manager in the O&M Readiness Team responsible for Balance of Plant and manage the technical, commercial work streams during the tendering process to contract services.
This is a full-time position based in France.
- Support the Lead O&M Project Manager (Balance of Plant) to deliver negotiated contracts for BoP services, contracts; manage the negotiating paperwork, defend the Company commercially, understand contractor's positions & propose solutions, liaise with internal stakeholders - legal, procurement, insurances etc.
- Support the development of contract schedules as required and perform the commercial analysis of contractor offers during the evaluation phases including identifying & quantifying the commercial risks.
- Identify and select suitable BoP potential companies for the project and build-up knowledge of French supply chain market for O&M services.
- As required, develop the suite of Standard Terms and Conditions for the Project, and liaise with internal Iberdrola stakeholder - O&M contracts teams, legal, etc to gain approval for use.
- Support the initial stages of Contractors mobilisation onto site and for the handover of the Contracts to the O&M site team.
- As required, develop a contract manual suitable for the site team to effectively manage the contract.
- Contract minor services for the O&M phase.
- Ensure compliance of processes with company procedures.
- Degree in Engineering or relevant discipline, preferably Electrical or Mechanical.
- Leadership / line management experience in a role of similar scale and complexity.
- Experience working in the offshore wind industry, wind industry or industry with similar operational and safety challenges is preferable.
- Demonstrable experience in planning, budget, and contract management.
- Good knowledge of French regulations for power plants, high voltage operation, health, and safety.
- Proficient knowledge of WTG technology, HV operations & regulations.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems and highly developed communicator and influence with the ability to do so at all levels within the organisation and externally.
- Highly motivated and proactive approach to work with strong people management and leadership skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and make commercially sound decisions whilst under pressure without compromising safety.
- Excellent project management, planning and organisation skills.
- IT literate and embraces new technology and their benefits.