Senior Operations Engineer- WTG
The Senior Operations Engineer (WTG) will become part of the Offshore Development Team of one of the world's leading energy developers. They will take responsibility for all technical topics in relation to the wind turbine fleet and ensure high operational availability of all wind turbines.
This is a full-time position based in Hamburg with regular offshore travel required.
- Planning and co-ordination of the execution of WTG inspection activities, repair or retrofit campaigns and corresponding purchasing processes.
- Continuous evaluation of the technical condition of the wind turbines with an in-depth knowledge of the infrastructure.
- Coordination, investigation and clarification of complex faults and damage to systems or components (root cause analysis).
- Definition and continuous optimisation of inspection and maintenance routines and associated planning.
- Testing and approval of technical changes to systems or components.
- Identification of possibilities for the sustainable optimisation of WTG performance.
- Creation or co-ordination of the maintenance and repair documentation.
- Management of the allocated WTG operating budget while analysing sustainable cost savings.
- Identification and evaluation of risks, technical or operational in nature, around the WTG and work carried out.
- Management of corresponding service contracts for maintenance and servicing.
- Securing of warranty claims against suppliers with regard to technical damage.
- Close co-operation with the O&M managers to ensure the safe execution of the work.
- Degree or relevant equivalent in engineering, preferably electrical or mechanical.
- Expert knowledge in the field of wind turbines, in particular gearboxes and rotating equipment.
- At least six years of relevant professional experience, preferably working with Senvion 6M or with a well-known wind turbine manufacturer.
- Detailed operational experience in the field of maintenance and repair of wind turbines, knowledge of offshore workings is an advantage.
- Experience working with SCADA systems, and/ or other technical remote support systems.
- Commercial understanding and experience in contract negotiations.
- Comprehensive expertise on the relevant standards, guidelines and policies.
- Good communication skills and a proactive and structured way of working.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Strong awareness of occupational safety.
- MS Office and SAP knowledge and operational experience with the application.
- Readiness and suitability for offshore work and work at altitude.