Senior Power Systems Engineer – Solar
An opportunity to join a global leader in the development of renewable energy projects as a Senior Power Systems Engineer.
The Senior Power Systems Engineer will ensure that grid code compliance is appropriately managed and maintained throughout the development process and the lifetime of a plant. You will also work alongside the different country managers to identify new potential connections.
This position will be based in London, with flexible working arrangements on offer.
- Provide technical assistance during project development
- Lead on delivery of electrical power system studies required by the company's projects
- Conduct grid connection feasibility studies
- Liaise with DNO by raising feasibility studies and budget estimate requests during early stages of PV project development
- Perform site visits and undertake assessment of the existing electrical systems
- Ensure that project designs meet all the relevant technical grid code compliance requirements
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the DNO planning, design and delivery teams
- Develop and maintain relationship with ICPs to assist development team deliver projects internationally
- Develop and maintain relationship with leading power system consultancies and technical advisors internationally
- Strong knowledge of power system simulation techniques, scripting and grid code compliance studies
- Strong knowledge of UK/EU Distribution and Transmission industry
- Strong technical knowledge of the UK, EU Grid code, and other relevant grid connection standards
- Commercial awareness of the MV/HV design and built industry
- Strong technical knowledge of HV connection process, requirements and regulations
- Degree in power systems/electrical engineering or similar
- Candidates with experience of working directly for DNOs and/or power system consultancies will be preferred