Senior Principal Consultant (Electrical/Grid/Transmission)
Leading global offshore wind consultancy recruiting for a Senior Principal Consultant (Electrical/Grid/Transmission).
This is a full -time staff position and can be based in either Warsaw, Hamburg, London or Edinburgh.
The Senior / Principal Consultant will lever their existing network to prospect and develop leads and convert consultancy assignment opportunities, and work on project management consultancy assignments for electrical design, grid connection, and general engineering of offshore wind farms.
Reporting to the Head of Electrical Engineering, they will work/ lead electrical and multi-disciplined engineers needed to deliver our scopes of work. They will provide expert analysis and advice relating to, but not limited to, offshore transmission and array systems, grid interconnection, and power systems studies in owner's engineer technical advisory, technical due diligence, and power systems desktop study roles.
- Work as technical lead on projects to accomplish the overall delivery of optimum solutions to clients with the timeframe, costs and quality standards established.
- Represent company as a key domain expert, sharing knowledge and experience to support the wider development of competencies to enhance overall assignment execution to clients.
- Generate and prospect leads - including representing the business at conferences, seminars and meetings to establish business development leads and to market to prospective clients.
- Follow up on leads to generate new work.
- Independently prepare tenders and proposals.
- Consult on all matters of due diligence of procurement tenders and connection offers, technical studies of power systems, optimisation studies, technical problem solving, owner's engineering, design work and cost-benefit analysis for offshore wind electrical systems and infrastructure.
- Responsible for keeping projects on budget and on schedule.
- Attend regular internal meetings and external / third party meetings as required.
- Ensure all deliverables are conducted in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures and policies.
- Manage multi-discipline teams of engineers (and other technical staff) in the completion of due diligence assignments for exacting clients.
- Maintain a consistently high degree of quality and technical excellence in all work product.
- Mentor and support less experienced team members.
- Identify and communicate relevant technological developments or regulatory changes which may impact the business or provide new opportunities.
- Head of Electrical Engineering
- Global Electrical Engineering Team
- Country Manager
- Qualified to a degree standard in Engineering, Mathematics, or Science, or ideally a Bachelor's/ Master's degree in Electrical/Power Engineering.
- Chartered member of a relevant professional body (desirable).
- Knowledge of the energy industry.
- Significant experience of working on offshore wind or renewable energy project work in electrical engineering capacity.
- Experience in the development, construction and operation of offshore wind projects (desirable).
- Experience of conducting lenders technical advisor assignments (desirable).
- Experience of consulting, advising or designing renewable energy projects (desirable).
Skills & Competencies:
- Expert in the use of the MS office package.
- Ability to quickly master engineering software, knowledge of electrical systems and power systems concepts.
- Ability to co-ordinate, direct and lead complex projects and work under own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Exceptional technical knowledge and experience of offshore wind farms.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Familiar with commercial and contractual issues and able to provide guidance to clients.
- Good sales and business development techniques.
- Project orientated with a keen interest and knowledge of offshore wind farm industry and project managements.
- Project management ability, qualification desirable
- Knowledge or expertise of power systems studies and use of power systems simulation software such as PowerFactory, PSS/E, SINCAL, and/or PSCAD (desirable).
- Knowledge of submarine and onshore power cable systems (desirable).
- Knowledge fibre optics and SCADA (desirable).
- Knowledge of grid connection processes and technical & commercial arrangements (desirable).
- Knowledge of grid code and technical compliance (desirable).
- Understanding of technical and commercial aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects (including project finance, M&A markets, regulatory/policy matters) (desirable).
- Expert in the use of software: Matlab, Visual Basic and MathCAD (desirable)