Senior Project Developer – Solar
Taylor Hopkinson is seeking a Senior Project Developer to join a renewable energy company and take lead on projects within their wind/and or solar portfolio. The successful candidate will have experience in performing all aspects of the development process and have responsibility for site acquisition, permitting, offtake support, and interconnection processes.
It's a Full-time staff role with flexibility in location.
- Site acquisition and due diligence: Utilize company's processes to acquire project sites, assist real estate and legal teams with title and contracting matters, and bring projects through the diligence process.
- Permitting and Mitigation: Manage/oversee environmental and jurisdictional studies and processes. Develop and own tight permitting timelines, represent the company at public hearings, execute on complex milestone deliverables across a network of stakeholders. Coordinate and implement mitigation plans and processes.
- Risk management: Collaborate with company's development team to uncover and mitigate real estate, permitting, interconnection, finance and EPC risks for a portfolio of projects.
- Project management: Problem-solving nuanced site, permit, and technology issues with internal experts and external stakeholders.
- Project finance: Understand the key financing elements of a project and ensure that all projects and deals continue to meet or exceed financial hurdles.
- Experience in renewable energy project development, preferably have led full project lifecycle completion of multiple power generation or transmission projects from greenfield site origination through NTP and eventual COD.
- Understanding of the transmission interconnection process and specific energy market dynamics.
- Experience working in various permitting environments, including federal permitting, such as FAA and USFWS NEPA, PUC/PSC and other state-level permits. County/Township local Conditional Use Permit and Building Permit approvals.
- Experience completing site lease or purchase agreements, crossing agreements, use agreements and options.
- Contracting 3rd party studies and deliverables from environmental and engineering consultants
- Interconnection agreements, power purchase or tolling agreements
- MIPA / PSA for project disposition / acquisition
- Creative independent thinker with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a diverse and collaborative team.
- Travel required as project needs arise, approximately 25%-50%