Senior Project Engineer – Cable (Offshore Wind Taiwan)
Taylor Hopkinson is the global leading recruitment partner, industry expert, and human resource solutions provider for the Renewable Energy Industry. We help connect renewables specialists to pioneering projects.
We're currently recruiting for our client, the Global Marine Engineering Expert for Offshore Wind Farms, which offers specialist foundation, offshore substation, submarine cable, floating system and wind turbine installation services, and heavy transportation for the renewables sector.
We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer to join our team at the Taipei Office in Taiwan on a permanent staff or contractor basis.
The ideal candidate should have years of project management in combination with an engineering background in offshore wind and/or marine engineering background, with experience and focus on cable scopes: cable lay, shore pull, seabed prep, tower pull-in, etc.
Proficiency in English is a prerequisite for this role.
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Job Contract: Permanent or Contractor
- Identify applicable procedures for their allocated scope/vessel and review all related documentation,
- Prepare/create readiness plan,
- Prepare and follow up action list from the readiness plan including any required amendments to documents (if required), and material/equipment orders,
- Review items ordered for scope and confirm status to ensure all will be ready for use as per schedule,
- Where applicable to their scope, review marine assets (winches, cranes, trenchers, excavators, etc.) to ascertain the condition of machinery to determine remediation required to meet project requirements. If the review identifies further action is required, identify and engineer a remedial solution and agree on implementation which is acceptable for the project team,
- Ensure planned activities are adequately risk assessed by employer requirements,
- Conduct daily toolbox talks with all stakeholders and personnel involved in activities ensuring all are clear with their roles and responsibilities,
- Observe any required operating tests on machinery and equipment,
- Implement any required engineering amendments to ensure readiness,
- Mobilize for the applicable site ensuring compliance with employer processes and procedures,
- Inspect conditions of all project equipment stored, handled, transported, or spooled and the condition of permanently installed materials,
- Follow up any required management of change (should it be required),
- Maintain an overview of as-built completions and documentation,
- Maintain a record of changes and lessons learned,
- HSEQ reporting by company requirements.
This role requires commitment and enthusiasm for the offshore wind farms that give us the energy to create change and make an impact on the future. And we want you to bring your personality, skills, and experience, powering us to be leaders in fixed offshore wind.
- A technical qualification in a relevant engineering discipline, such as Ocean Engineering, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Renewable Energy, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years in offshore industry particularly cables.
- Able to demonstrate experience in engineering similar cable scopes: cable lay, shore pull, seabed prep, and tower pull-in.
- Able to demonstrate project operational experience.
- Able to manage procurement packages.
- Able to coach and train junior engineers.
- Proactively and regularly liaising with the project team and stakeholders,
- Able to go offshore to install the product.
At times, there may be specific qualifications we're looking for, but we also recognise the power of transferable skills, so if you feel you have some of the relevant skills and experience we're looking for, we want to hear from you.