Senior Project Manager – Portugal
Excellent opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join a leading company in the renewable energy sector.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for supervision of construction and commissioning of the assigned works, ensuring the correct execution of the project, as well as the optimization of its cost, management and profitability.
- Ensure that the project development takes into account HSE and construction criteria during the planning phase and the basic design of the RFP.
- Ensure that the EPC basic design review process is conducted and acted upon at the appropriate time prior to contract/activity execution.
- Ensure that the RFP documentation, review of technical and commercial proposals, shortlisting and contract negotiations are correct.
- Coordinate all aspects of the project through to the commencement of commercial operations and successful handover to the Asset Management team.
- Ensure all projects are constructed safely and in accordance with company requirements as well as local regulations.
- Continuously monitor HSE KPI's and site activities to ensure that the site maintains adequate cleanliness and is a safe environment.
- Lead the legal aspects of the project, liaising with the legal team as necessary to issue them.
- Ensure that the project design is properly validated.
- Develop updated project schedules and assess productivity ratios to forecast project dates.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for projects under review.
- Manage project budget and cash flow.
- Lead the interconnection activities to energize the project.
- Advise and support other PM team members in Portugal.
- Degree in engineering, construction or similar qualification.
- At least 8 years of experience as Project Manager.
- Previous experience in PV projects in Portugal.
- Experience in photovoltaic projects of more than 20 MW.