Senior Project Manager – Solar & Storage
Job ID 16571
Opportunity for an experienced, utility-scale solar Project Manager to join the North American team of a global solar & storage IPP.
This is a remote position with regular travel to projects in the Great Lakes/Mid-East region of the US.
The Senior Project Manager will perform as a key member of the company's EPC division, with responsibility for the full-life cycle of utility-scale solar and storage projects, from design to construction to commissioning.
- Prepare and manage the lifecycle of a project schedule for utility-scale solar and storage projects
- Develop, monitor, and upgrade integrated project plans and schedules to ensure project execution is performed with high efficiency
- Plan all aspects of project activities for the EPCM firm, from design through construction to commissioning
- Prepare schedules and other contractual document for project teams' approval
- Maintain record of scope changes, trends, and variances of which can potentially affect performance
- Work with Project Managers, contractors, and project stakeholders through the project lifecycle
- Partner with HSEQ experts to ensure exceptional levels of health, safety, and quality are in place at all sites, on all projects
- 7+ years' solar and/or energy storage project management experience, including on utility-scale portfolios
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline
- Project Management certification preferred
- Experience with large substations and transmission projects (115kV to 345kV)
- Proven experience planning and scheduling with MS Office products
- Ability to build databases, create dashboards, metrics and tools etc.
- Experience working on developer side advantageous
- Concurrent multi-project experience required
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Strong people manager, including internal personnel and contractors/subcontractors
- Excellent HSE career record and understanding
- Willingness to travel to project sites as required (up to 50% of the time)
- Right to live and work in the US without sponsorship is required