Senior Renewable Energy Engineer/Data Scientist
Taylor Hopkinson is seeking a Renewable Energy Engineer/Data Scientist to join the Asset Performance and Turbine Suitability Group with global services leader in Renewable Energy.
The position will work under the direction of a team leader having responsibility for the completion of high-quality renewable energy analysis work with a focus on operational wind and solar assets.
This is a full-time position located in the United States and the location is flexible depending on business needs.
- Timely and efficient completion of high-quality renewable energy analysis work.
- Completion and delivery of operational energy production analyses under minimal supervision, products related to portfolio benefit and delivery of products related to wind farm proxy generation/curtailment.
- Review, validation, and analysis of meteorological, SCADA, revenue meter data and monthly operations reports.
- Write/review reports and present results to customers and other interested parties.
- Understand and ensure company quality control standards are met and contribute to continuous improvement of mature products using standard software development tools and revision control.
- Support business development activities, including meeting with customers, presenting at conferences, and collaborating on scopes of work.
- Contribute to documentation and development of internal systems used by global analyst to deliver standardised products. Ensure standardised product assembly line is both user friendly and has sufficient understand-ability.
- Training global analyst to deliver standardised products, troubleshooting common issues and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (physical science, engineering, data science or statistics) from an accredited University and experience in the wind energy sector.
- Working knowledge of current wind turbine and solar technology with a focus on operational performance.
- Academic Background in Boundary Layer Meteorology with proven track record of SCADA analysis of discrete event and time series.
- Knowledge of data science algorithms used in classification and multivariate regression.
- Experience working with atmospheric numerical models including GCMs, mesoscale, microscale with operational turbine wake models including FLORIS and Py-Wake.
- Familiarity working with Linux operating system, supporting R-studio server and Jupyterhub.
- Thorough working knowledge of web development and programming language(s) including R, Python and/or MATLAB.
- Database management skills preferably PostgreSQL and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word).