Senior Solar Operations Manager, USA
Opportunity for an experienced Solar Operations and Asset Management professional to take on the role of Senior Operations Manager with a global renewable energy IPP.
The Senior Operations Manager will oversee a portfolio of utility-scale solar and battery storage under operation. Responsibilities will include ensuring the optimum performance of HSE, operational, and commercial aspects for the portfolio, in addition to managing O&M contractors performing on-site.
The position is ideally Houston, TX based, with operational projects throughout Texas. However, there is also the option of hybrid site and home-based working for experienced candidates.
- Manage day-to-day operation, maintenance and administrative activities for a large-scale portfolio of operational solar and energy storage projects
- Supervise site personnel including O&M contractors and equipment vendors to ensure adherence to and compliance with contract terms, corporate policies, and best industry practices
- Report on operational performance of asset portfolio
- Maintain strong relations with landowners, suppliers, customers, vendors, service providers, government authorities, and contractors
- Ensure strong HSE policies are in place for all internal colleagues and external third parties (contractors, vendors, consultants).
- Regularly attend sites to monitor performance of contractors and other personnel
- Degree-educated in engineering or related technical diploma
- 10+ years of related industry experience required
- 10+ years of operations, maintenance, and asset management experience
- 5+ years experience in the supervision of technical, O&M personnel in solar
- Deep knowledge of solar power generating equipment and technologies
- Experience with energy storage or wind technologies a plus
- Strong organisational skills and executive level reporting experience
- Willingness to travel to site up to 50% of the time
- US work permit and US driver's license
- Strong proficiency with SCADA software, MS Office products
- Familiarity with PVSyst a plus