Senior Specialist – Cable Quality
Senior level opportunity for a Cable Quality Specialist with in a leading offshore wind developer.
The Senior Specialist - Cable Quality shall provide technical expertise on Cable System Quality throughout the entire lifecycle of projects across an international portfolio.
The position can be based in London, Hamburg or Kolding.
- Be accountable as Technical Authority on quality aspects of the product HV Cables across the Offshore portfolio and full wind farm lifecycle.
- Work as central role providing technical leadership on processes (e.g. NCR, RCA, cable integrity) and specific cases related to the product quality of cables.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation related to the product quality for design, manufacturing, installation, and operational phase of HV Cables.
- Deliver portfolio benefits across the full fleet through leading a range of technical topics spanning the entire project lifecycle.
- Build and utilise a network of internal/external competence to deliver technical leadership of entire Cable product quality scope.
- Oversee industry developments towards improvements in the field of responsibility (e.g. JIPs, University collaborations).
- Support Product and Package Engineering teams to inject technical leadership into Product Development, Project Delivery or Operations, acting as arbiter of technical variation requests from the project units.
- Collaborate closely with the Quality Management (resp. for process quality) ensuring highest standards of quality can be fulfilled for the product.
- Be the central place of knowledge for all cable quality related matters; develop and maintain relevant collection of information and work with lessons learned from across the fleet & lifecycle.
- Play a key role in developing department technical leadership, competence and team mentoring.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Electrical engineering
- Demonstrable experience with high voltage on- and offshore cable design and manufacturing
- Comprehensive knowledge of HV Submarine Cables including cable design and manufacturing processes
- Experience in working with quality processes (Audits, NCRs, RCAs, integrity management etc.) from design throughout delivery and operations
- Ability to identify and lead key technical topics relating to HV Cables, balancing both technical and commercial imperatives
- Act as creator, reviewer or approver of key technical documentation. Ability to take decisions in field of responsibility
- Participate in and, on occasion, lead technical investigations into equipment failures
- Provide guidance to junior team members; lead by example through demonstrating company principles and behaviours