Senior Strategy Manager (m/f/div) – Renewable Energy
Energy storage is at the heart of the energy transition - to end fossil fuel dependency and to power the energy transition of industry globally. That's what we do every day and why we exist. Our client is a dynamic and fast-paced energy company founded in 2011. The team has engineered scalable, modular thermal batteries to store and supply clean energy on demand. Their storage solutions are one of the most important levers to reduce energy consumption and decarbonize industry. That's no easy task: our client is rapidly scaling up and wants to work with the best talent.
Our client is a pioneer in the market for flexible, reliable green heat, using thermal battery systems. Their technology helps solve current issues around energy security and net-zero. You can become a part of this exciting journey and their international team in the heart of Hamburg. They are a privately owned company with a long-term perspective, well-capitalized through one of Europe´s largest asset managers. Flexible work and utilization of home with an attractive annual bonus
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will be responsible for developing the strategy and route to market for the company's strategic markets including hydrogen and electricity grid stability.
- You work with your colleagues to define and develop new business models including green heat PPAs, energy as a service offers and industrial heat decarbonisation solutions using the thermal battery. These will create a compelling value proposition for customers as well as generate growth and yield for the company.
- You define and execute the strategy from customer acquisition to deal closure, reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- You lead the development of strategy and other Board material for our client's Board, and other executive stakeholders.
- You will lead the strategic, market and customer commercial, modelling and lead the interface between finance and commercial.
- You find and engage customers, stakeholders, and industry experts, defining the technical and commercial fit and viability of the company's customer service offers.
- You are the voice of the customer
- You are a self-starter and develop creative and practical solutions to overcome barriers and challenges to the company's goals and growth ambitions.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- You have a Master Sc. degree in engineering, business, or comparable job experience.
- You have minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a reputable management consultancy company, or investment bank with a focus on energy.
- You have experience in developing strategies for industrial customers and/or power markets and developing new business models in a complex and evolving world and can develop distinctive customer propositions and new business models.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills in English and German (written & oral), including advanced experience with PowerPoint presentations.
- You are flexible and like to travel nationally and internationally.
- You are resilient, proactive, driven, and have a growth mindset. You react quickly to new developments and lead proactive opportunities and resolve barriers or issues.
- We are looking for team players. We don't see problems, we are creative and solution-oriented.