Senior T&I Engineer – WTG/OSP Foundation and WTG
Job ID 14924
Senior Transport & Installation Engineer required for a leading Offshore Wind Farm developer, based in Scotland
- Lead and coordinate T&I engineering work in relation to the WTG foundation, WTG and OSP T&I scope on offshore wind projects.
- Develop marine logistics strategy from WTG foundation fabrication locations to marshalling facilities to transport to field for subsequent installation.
- T&I input into WTG foundation design process.
- Identification of suitable installation vessels that have the capability to install the structures being proposed.
- Long haul HTV vessel selection.
- Closely interface with the Structures team on the project during the Concept/FEED/Detailed Design to ensure that requirements for T&I are introduced and reflected in the foundation design.
- Lift Point Design.
- Installation criteria.
- Grillage & SF design.
- Closely interface with the WTG team on the project to understand the WTG parameters for installation.
- Hub heights, water depths, leg penetration.
- Maintain ongoing interaction with the T&I supply chain during the design process to understand the contractors methodology for installation is aligning with the design.
- Review Contractors methods for transportation and installation.
- Responsible for management of risk and risk mitigation related to the T&I technical scope.
- At all times act, behave and lead by example according to professional standards of conduct and values.
- Chair technical meetings both internally and externally with Contractors representing the interests of the Client and project.
- Prepare and contribute to regular reporting regarding the development of the T&I scope.
- Monitor and track progress of the T&I Contractor's engineering related to the development and readiness of the installation vessel(s) to handle and install the project specific foundations.
- Authority to manage the T&I engineering's delivery of engineering scope and interface with the foundation designer.
- Experience of contractual interface management, contractor management and conflict/dispute resolution.
- Experience within a similar industry and role.
- Educated to degree level in relevant technical discipline such as Naval Architecture (Chartered status desirable).
- Experience working for a developer or offshore installation contractor.
- Experience with WTG foundation loadouts, transportation and installation.
- GWO BST (with HUET).
- COVID-19 Passport
- Offshore Medical including Chester Step Test.
- CDM and Maritime regulations experience.
- Offshore Lifting and LOLER experience.