Senior WTG Engineer- Equipment & Reliability
The Senior WTG Engineer- Rotating Equipment & Reliability be part of a new global offshore wind execution team with a major international energy developer.
Taylor Hopkinson is retained to build out a global offshore wind team for one of the world's leading energy businesses. This team will develop & execute projects in the UK & US as well forming a global centre of excellence for a rapidly growing offshore wind portfolio.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in the UK (location flexible).
As Senior WTG Engineer- Rotating Equipment & Reliability you will be responsible for providing deep technical expertise across our client's wind business. You will be a subject matter expert in towers & blades.
Responsibilities will include:
- Recommendation of technical solutions
- Appraisal of technology developments
- Leadership of engineering studies (including supporting the low carbon agenda)
- Risk assessments and Management of Change (MoC) work
- Contributing to the strategic long-term development of the discipline
- Implementing engineering technical practices to support safe design and operation of critical assets
- Degree qualified in Engineering
- Significant wind turbine engineering and equipment experience.
- A deep understanding of the development and use of the design standards for wind turbines for onshore and offshore applications.
- Experience of use and validation of industry modelling tools for wind turbines and wind farms.
- Expertise in selection of wind turbines including:
- OEM due diligence reviews & technology readiness level assessments.
- Turbine selection for specific windfarm applications.
- Wind turbine design knowledge covering at least 2 of the following:
- Overall design including OEM Hardware Optimization for performance and life.
- Wind turbine manufacturing processes.
- Structural and fatigue design of tower, bolted connections and blades.
- Understanding of wind turbine operations & maintenance strategy covering:
- Operations and Maintenance activities including Integrity Management plans.
- Industry maintenance management software platforms.
- Condition monitoring of wind turbines including reliability and availability determination.
- Experience of conducting post construction integrity assessments and baseline surveys.
Other desirable skills/experience:
- Extensive Knowledge of wind turbine design including awareness of:
- Wind turbine control systems and their hierarchy.
- Integration of wind turbine with floating platform and dynamic control systems for both normal and upset operating conditions.
- Wind farm business continuity, startup and black start plans.
- Knowledge of control system hazard and operability analysis (FMECA)