Job ID 12718
SHE Advisor required for a leading Offshore Windfarm Developer, based in Ireland.
- Reporting to the SHE Manager with a dotted line report to the OWF Project Manager, you will support the OWF project teams to keep people, assets, and the environment safe from harm.
- This is achieved by actively applying and promoting the relevant health, safety, and environment policies and standards across the project.
- Establish and manage appropriate operational standards, processes and communication and training to ensure SHE risks are appropriately controlled within statutory parameters for the project.
- Development and implementation of effective controls and appropriate standards to reinforce and share best practice.
- The SHE Advisor will support the SHE Manager to build and maintain firm relationships through strong engagement with key stakeholders including Regulatory Authorities, Industry Bodies, Designers, Contractors, and joint venture partners.
- Share lessons learnt from incident investigations across the project.
- Carry out assurance audits against the application/implementation of the Safety Charter as well as reinforcing positive and challenging negative behaviours when observed.
- Supporting the SHE Manager to ensure the provision of the necessary support and guidance for the OWF project to be able to manage their risks.
- Complete due diligence exercises, SHE assessments/audits of businesses, organisations, and contractors.
- Deputise for the project SHE Manager on project matters when required.
- Support the SHE Manager to ensure that the correct resources are allocated and that the projects within their remit are delivered minimising TRIR, AFR and environmental impact.
- Review for acceptance package specific SHE documentation submitted by subcontractors.
- Working with the wider Renewables Capital Projects SHE team to deliver the Safety requirements in line with the Company Safety Programme, ensuring this is delivered in a clear, consistent, and frequent way including working with Preferred / Strategic Contractors to develop stronger, safer, and respectful relationships on site.
- Support the SHE Manager to enhance the capabilities of their project managers to engage with their teams on all safety matters to support the reduction of the frequency and severity of incidents across the project.
- The SHE Advisor will support the SHE Manager with a range of assurance activities to ensure the standards are set at the correct levels for the behavioural safety capability and competency across the project.
- The SHE advisor will support the SHE Manager in ensuring the correct culture in relation to behavioural safety across the project.
- In the absence of the project, SHE Manager the SHE Advisor may be required to engage with relevant third-party agencies and organisations to ensure that the project team is well represented externally in line with project requirements.
- Support the development of project staff on Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental, Wellbeing behavioural safety.
- The SHE Advisor will provide support, guidance. and advice for managers within the OWF project.
- Ensure effective support is provided to the project team for serious incidents.
- Lead on investigations as appropriate.
- Apply a range of SHE tools and techniques to determine the root cause of an injury/illness/incident to avoid recurrence.
- Manage the escalation process and ensure incidents are reviewed, recorded, communicated, and reported at the appropriate levels.
- The SHE Advisor will support the SHE Manager to apply the SHE tools and techniques to determine appropriate and timely remedial actions and communications to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide direct leadership support to Local Safety Committees as required.
- Deputise for the project SHE Manager when required.
- Support the development and adherence of the audit programme in conjunction with the SHE Support and Assurance team.
- Evaluate SHE performance including leading indicators, SHE policy compliance and cultural profile for business and group level assurance purposes, including and highlighting regulatory changes.
- Ensure that project team are fully briefed in relation to findings and related actions.
- Contribute to design and delivery of the projects overall, SHE strategy.
- Support, design and implement programmes, material, and initiatives.
- Undergraduate qualification in Occupational Health and Safety Management and/or hold a scientific, environmental, civil, electrical, or mechanical engineering qualification or sufficient industry experience (Minimum of 3 years).
- Registered member of IOSH or equivalent professional body (or desire to work towards).
- Detailed knowledge of qualitative and quantitative risk assessments techniques.
- Good understanding of SHE Management Systems, SHE Risks & Republic of Ireland Legal Framework.
- Trained and experienced in Incident Investigation.
- Determine degree of statutory compliance and anticipate the potential impact of new legislation.
- Managing specialist SHE technical disciplines.
- SHE reviews of design, construction, and operations solutions.
- Fully understands the commercial impact of decisions.
- Ability to produce business level and operational level SHE related documentation including procedures, guidance notes and contractual requirements.
- Experience of managing high hazard industry risks related to the offshore wind renewable industry.
- Application of SHE policies and strategies in a project environment.
- Working Knowledge and application of Irish Construction Regulations - SAFETY, HEALTH AND WELFARE AT WORK (CONSTRUCTION) REGULATIONS 2013.
- Experience in procuring, managing, and monitoring performance associated with PSDP/PSCS appointments.
- Understanding of development, design, and construction activities.
- Experience in a similar role for a large-scale offshore construction project.
- Experience of pre-assembly, Installation, and commissioning activities.
- Experience of new build onshore substations and the processes involved with managing safety from the system.
- Experience in Incident Investigation using a formal recognised process.
- Experience reviewing and commenting on PSCS/subcontractor construction phase plans and HSE plans.
- Acts as a Role model to establish effective team working.
- Committed to and believes in the leadership team(s) and their decisions and actions.
- Maintains business focus.
- Facilitates and supports creative solutions to problems.
- Ability to work and deliver against challenging constraints.
- Confident personality - ability to coach senior leaders and challenge their approach effectively.
- Streetwise - ability to engage and communicate effectively with people all levels.
- Awareness of personal and corporate safety practices.
- Ability to proactively drive positive change.