Job ID 20218
SHE Manager required for a major Offshore Wind Farm Developer based in Scotland.
- Promote and encourage everyone on site to embrace the Safety Family while promoting a positive safety culture on the Wind Farm project through active involvement.
- Provide SHE support for Project Safety Reviews (PSR's), F10 notification information, PreConstruction Information, site set up (mobilisation), SHE Risk Register, Project Integration Workshops, Hazid Workshops, Incident Investigation etc.
- Conduct regular reviews to ensure that the project Construction Phase Plan is being updated by the Principal Contractor and reflects works being undertaken.
- Participate in the review of all Principal Contractor and client appointed
suppliers/contractors RAMS & SHE documentation prior to mobilisation.
- Attend site inductions (where possible) to raise awareness of the clients Onshore Projects SHE standards and Safety Family requirements.
- Attend toolbox talks / safety stand down moments where possible.
- Support the site Project Team with the review of Principal Contractors sub-contractor RAMS ensuring they are relevant & that works are being carried out in accordance with them.
- Offer support to the Principal Contractors SHE department where possible, including conducting joint safety inspections.
- Ensure all safety notice boards are maintained with up-to-date client information.
- Ensure pandemic precautions and arrangements are maintained on site and meet current guidance standards (where applicable).
- Ensure the Principal Contractor has relevant Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) in place for all site activity.
- Ensure the Principal Contractor has in place a project specific emergency plan, (including a winter working plan) and that all other emergency plans on site link into the overarching Principal Contractor document.
- Ensure there is an adequate number of first aiders on site.
- Carry out site audits both individually and jointly with the Principal Contractor and Contractors.
- Ensure these are recorded on and filed in the relevant project folders and central database.
- Track any actions arising through to close out.
- Assist the Principal Contractor with organising and facilitating site-based emergency drills.
- Attend and participate in (where relevant) site SHE meetings.
- Ensure that the Safety Family is rolled out on site engaging on a regular basis with all site operatives / personnel.
- Ensure all accidents / incidents are reported under the 30minutes reporting rule and that a SEAR has been raised. Follow up and assist with preparing reports whilst ensuring any lessons learned are shared with other Projects teams.
- Encourage site-based operatives to raise SEARS, including positive observations.
- Ensure monthly KPI / SEARS statistics are provided to the Renewables Onshore Projects SHE Team monthly and with specified reporting timescales.
- Hold a recognised qualification in Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Management - minimum NEBOSH Certificate/NEBOSH Construction Diploma.
- Experience of working with and applying SHE policies and strategies within a construction site environment.
- Have a working knowledge of the requirements of the CDM Regulations.
- Understand design and construction activities and relevant hazards likely to be encountered.
- Be a Team Leader with an ability to demonstrate a high level of Interpersonal skills to liaise with all levels of staff and contractors.
- Demonstrate an ability to motivate / and influence contractors to implement and action advice where given.
- Have excellent communication skills with a well structured, practical, systematic and hands on approach.
- The ability to instinctively spot accuracy issues and anticipate the dangers.
- The ability to identify and analyse problems, understand risks and implement appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment and adaptability to working in other cultures, particularly in a SHE environment.
- Detailed knowledge of current SHE Legislation.