Site Investigation Manager – Offshore Wind Farms APAC
Taylor Hopkinson is the global leading recruitment partner, industry expert, and human resource solutions provider for the Renewable Energy Industry. We help connect renewables specialists to pioneering projects.
We're hiring for our client, the major renewable energy developer in Taiwan, with a pipeline of offshore wind projects across Taiwan and other parts of Asia such as Japan and Korea. They're a portfolio company of a fund capital, a US-based infrastructure fund with regional headquarter in Hong Kong.
*This is a full-time permanent leadership position that requires extensive experience in offshore wind farms site investigation related works and team management experience. For non-Taiwanese candidates, this position requires relocation to Taiwan on an expatriate package.*
As Site Investigation Manager, you will be part of a dedicated project team working on offshore wind farm projects. Your primary tasks will be to provide technical leadership for the successful delivery of the site investigation package.
Your main responsibilities will focus around managing the site investigation, subsea survey, geotechnical, and geophysical related campaigns and associated works for projects; development projects, early project works through to detailed design and pre-construction as well as installation activities.
You will proactively ensure that the works are carried out based on project strategy and contracts as well as thrive to optimize the package with respect to time, costs and HSEQ and work closely together with the Geotechnical Engineer, Senior Geophysicist and Project Package Managers.
In addition, you will engage with and manage external consultants and contractors as required. You will also play a key role in interfacing across internal company and project departments.
In the role as Site Investigation Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Site Investigation relative tasks, you may also be assigned for supporting the SI relevant works for different projects within the company.
- Planning of site investigation campaigns for offshore wind farm under different stage of the development, including drafting the Employment Requirements and Scope of Works.
- Tender management, site investigation supervision, data processing and quality assurance for geotechnical site investigation datasets.
- Tender management, survey supervision, data processing and quality assurance for geophysical, bathymetric, seismic and magnetometer datasets.
- Managing the SI contractor(s) during the planning and execution of the surveys.
- Responsible for appointment and management of Client Representatives.
- Contribute to the development of workable policies, manage all day-to-day execution of work, and maintain an overview with regards to all activities.
- Provide personal guidance, instructions, coaching and manage team members.
- Delivering site investigation and related foundation work packages within Health and Safety and Environmental as well as project programme objectives.
- Project manage technical projects with a shorter or longer time frame.
- Contribute to project planning and scheduling ensuring that any deviations are identified and confirmed in a timely manner.
- Manage package risks / action tracker / interfaces.
- Ensure high focus on HSSE & quality are maintained.
- Trouble shooting and risk evaluation in all project phases.
Qualifications and Requirements:
You have an educational background in a suitable engineering discipline or similar, possess the ability to see things from a helicopter perspective and can advise and help based on your knowledge and knowhow.
You are a dedicated SI manager with a good understanding of how to create and support high performing teams.
You possess good interpersonal skills and can communicate technical messages in a clear and constructive way both internally and to external partners. In addition, the following qualifications are important for this position:
- Degree in an Engineering discipline / Civil Engineering / Ground Engineering / Marine
Sciences / Hydrographic surveying or similar.
- Experience from the field of Wind Energy or Marine Sciences. Experience of geotechnical/geological analysis, geophysical survey and hydrographic surveying and relevant codes/standards.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good understanding on the concept of Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Ability to translate and communicate technical detail into commercial impact.
- Good communication skills.
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and written. Language skill for Mandarin, Japanese or Korean are appreciated.
The position is based at Taipei, Taiwan. The role may require occasional travel to project sites and other company offices as needed.