Site Technician (Crane Operator)
Job ID 14695
Site Technician (Crane Operator) required for a leading Offshore Wind Farm developer, based in Taiwan
- Maintenance and replacement of defective fall-arrestors.
- Cleaning of offshore assets using jet/power washer (includes boat landings etc.).
- Keep records of offshore structures for bird guano.
- Generator maintenance assistance, fueling and removal.
- Installation and removal of reflectors (in support of installation vessels).
- Maintenance of and replacement of defective Aviation/Temporary Navigation light on assets.
- Site walk-downs and checks (as directed by CM).
- Inspection and certification of hook-on points.
- Assist with fueling of vessels.
- Removal of waste from structures.
- Cleaning mold/mildew and removal of water from inside the TP's.
- Ad-hoc tasks (both onshore and offshore).
- General yard duties, which will include manual handling (in support of Harbour Site Supervisor).
- Support works on the Offshore Substations, i.e. mainly support the OSS Commissioning Supervisors with maintenance of the OSS (fueling, filter checks, cleaning) and lifting operations on the OSS (not as crane operators).
- Support on board the vessel. E.g. pre-packing equipment, rigging up equipment for lifting to foundations, working together with vessel crew, assisting in launch and recovery of unmanned survey vessel.
- Crane operations as advised.
- Walk down/handover inspection on Foundation, WTG, TPs etc.
- Check, maintain and replace any damaged items on the offshore structures such as gate pins, latches, etc.
- Assisting SAPs with fitting of locks and chains during commissioning.
- Servicing, repair, re-fueling and removal of foundation generators.
- Installation and removal of prisms.
- Removal of Navigation lights.
- Install and removal of internal sacrificial anodes.
- GWO courses: BST
- OGUK Medical certificate incl. Chester Step.
- Speak and read English.
- Safety awareness and understanding.
- Taiwanese holding Taiwanese crane operator course authorized to operate over 3-ton fixed jib crane and be slinger banksman OR foreigner living in Taiwan holding a Stage 3 crane operator certificate.
- Experience in Onshore or offshore wind farms OR oil and gas OR offshore power cables or other offshore works OR military naval background.