Solar Business Development Manager – O&M
Opportunity for an experienced BD professional with experience originating, managing, and closing large service contracts, to join a global renewable energy IPP as its O&M BDM.
This O&M Business Development Manager will join an industry leading, global O&M division as its main responsible for identifying and converting multi-million£ O&M service contracts with major solar asset owners.
Remote based, the position requires travel to the company's office in the south west twice per week.
- Generate a pipeline of business opportunities for a strong O&M business unit, to facilitate the growth of its third-party asset base
- Convert business opportunities into large, profitable service contracts
- Adapt the company's standard service contract for market demands, ensuring profitability
- Develop a strong suite of materials to be used to respond to tender requests for new service contracts
- Represent the company professionally and effectively at various external meetings and industry events across the UK, portraying the business and its capabilities in an exceptional manner
- Support the company's commercial and legal teams with the on-boarding for new sites, further collaborating with other teams and working closely with clients to obtain required information
- Build long-term relationships and key strategic partnerships to ensure continued growth
- Ensure a smooth process of documentation on new and completed projects, by liaising effectively with asset services and contract admin teams
- 3+ years' B2B technical sales experience
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline
- Full driving license
- Proven track record of developing a strong pipeline of business opportunities, ideally by selling large renewable energy service contracts to key industry players
- Basic technical understanding of solar O&M process
- Understanding of and experience with financial modelling
- Strong knowledge of solar asset ownership landscape in the UK
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets, preferably through RfP channels